Black Enterprise Magazine – June 8, 2016
Best Co-Working Spaces for Entrepreneurs of Color 2016
Best co-working spaces for your startup in every region across the continental United States.
Studies show that co-working spaces foster creative and productive environments. According to one survey, benefits include improved focus and standard of work, and a better ability to meet deadlines.
There are new spaces opening every day around the country. While some cities, particularly tech hub cities, have a greater density of co-working locations than others; they can be found coast-to-coast.
We canvassed many of the spaces all throughout the United States to find the most ideal for entrepreneurs of color. To select the best, we adhered to the following:
- The space had to be in a location with a large population of African Americans and other people of color.
- It has to offer reasonable rates.
- The locations chosen offer no to one-year commitments, nothing longer.
- The space has all of the necessities to run a business: high-speed Internet, conference room, printing, faxing, and copy services, as well as a kitchenette or break room.
- Extra amenities such as storage space, 24/7 access, bike storage, whiteboards, and office supplies were favored. Bonuses points were given for those spaces that go above and beyond the basics and provide free food and beverages, networking and events, cozy outside work space and more. (Most of the extra amenities are provided at higher-priced rates, however).
- The spaces either make a special effort to invite members of underrepresented communities or they have multicultural teams as per information on their websites…
Flex Office Space
Pricing: Starts at $99/month.
Amenities and other info: Wi-Fi, conference rooms, lounge, large kitchen, tea/coffee/filtered water; VoIP phones, printing/copying/scanning equipment, virtual receptionist, on-site accountant.